Tuesday, August 12, 2014

La-de-dah-de-dah

I've been watching Gurren Lagann recently.  You should watch it too if you like ridiculous anime that makes no sense and is amazing.

Seriously, it's bonkers even by anime standards.  It's set in the future where weird animal-human hybrids have forced regular humans underground and use "gunmen", which are mecha that are basically giant faces with limbs.  But then the humans work out how to use gunmen and fight back and there are explosions and giant guns and excessive posing and shouting and an aircraft carrier on legs and loads of characters that turn up from out of nowhere and I can never remember anyone's name and the most dangerous weapon in the world is apparently a drill.

It's nuts and I love it.  And I'm only halfway through.  And I've got the theme tune stuck in my head (as lovingly transcribed for this post's title).

I'm predicting that it'll end with the revelation that the entire world is actually a giant robot and then everyone explodes.

No comments: